Somerset County Council (SCC) are in the process of drafting a Bus Services Improvement Plan (BSIP), in collaboration with the County's bus and community transport operators, as part of SCCs response to Government’s Bus Back Better: A National Bus Strategy for England.
WSP are supporting SCC through the process and together we have recently started a detailed stakeholder engagement process of which you are a key member. WSP will collate and analyse the responses to this feedback form. Please note that responses you provide will only be used for the purpose of shaping the BSIP in accordance with our data sharing statement (below).
The Department for Transport (DfT) is looking for us to present ambitious but deliverable BSIP. At this stage we would like to welcome any ideas and suggestions you have so that we can use these to generate priority areas to address through the BSIP. We are keen to understand the following:
- Areas requiring better transport provision – areas, times of day, locations to serve, profile of potential users;
- Areas/locations where bus priority measures are required e.g. bus lanes/traffic signal priority;
- Anything that stops people accessing and using the bus e.g. physical barriers, perception, knowledge or cost;
- People’s perception of the bus network safety when waiting for and travelling on a bus;
- Ideas for accessing the network by other means and potential locations e.g. ‘cycle & ride’ options or ‘mobility hubs’; and,
- Any other ideas, issues, or suggestions.
These represent just a few ideas and themes. Please use these as a guide and not as a limitation to the thoughts and ideas that you would like to express.
Please complete the required information on the attached page and submit your feedback form by the 15th August 2021 to the following email address: Transport@somerset.gov.uk
(or by post to: Somerset County Council, Silk Mills Park & Ride, Silk Mills Road, Taunton, TA1 5AA)