Village Matters

Speeding and Parking

The parish council cannot report individual instances of speeding or parking on yellow lines.  Residents are requested to report matters of speeding to the Avon and Somerset Police on 101 and issues relating to unlawful parking to Somerset Council on 0300 123 2224 or email

Further information on these issues can be found on Somerset Council's webpage at

Blocked drains and gullies

In many instances, Somerset Council is the body responsible for keeping drains and gullies on the highway clear of debris to prevent flooding.  If you are experiencing a problem with a drain or gully flooding, please report this in the first instance to the county council at the link below.  Whilst the parish clerk can report issues, the response is likely to be much quicker if the individual who knows the exact location of the problem reports it themselves.


Somerset Council is the body responsible for clearing and keeping clear Public Rights of Way. Public Rights of Way can be footpaths, bridlepaths, restricted byways and byways open to all traffic.  Whilst the parish council can report these matters on your behalf, those who report issues generally have much more accurate information on what the issue is and where the issue is so we would encourage you to report any problems, including with footpaths that lead down to the beach, on Somerset Council's website yourself.

The link for reporting is:

Sewage odours

Residents who are subjected to sewage odours from the Wessex Water treatment plant are requested to contact Wessex Water in the first instance at the following contact details:

Wessex water – email

Phone 03456004600

Village benches

Thanks to the work of former Cllr Tony Legg, the benches in the village have been repaired and refurbished (May 2019).  More details on the work underaken can be found here:

Village bench report

sitemap | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement